Outstanding Investigator Awards
An Outstanding Investigator Award is presented annually to an investigator age 45 or younger in recognition of excellence in biomedical research. The recipient of this award will receive $5,000 and compensation for travel expenses. In addition to presenting at Translational Science 2016, the recipient will be required to present his/her research at the AFMR Henry Christian Awards and Dinner the evening of April 12, 2016.
Nominees should meet or exceed the following criteria:
- Investigative work has provided innovative insight and had significant impact on a major scientific or clinical problem.
- Demonstrated intellectual and scientific independence.
- Must be forty five years of age or less at the time of presentation of the award. For more information click here.
The AFMR is now accepting submissions for the Outstanding Investigator Award. To submit please click here. Nomination requirements and submission criteria is as follows:
- Nominators must submit the nominee’s name, institution, and a summary of the nominee’s key contributions based on the above criteria, not to exceed 3 pages.
- Letters of support from up to 2 additional individuals familiar with the nominee’s contributions and an NIH Biosketch must also be submitted. Individual letters should not be longer than 3 pages.
- Nominations must be submitted via the Translational Science 2016 website. Deadline for submissions for all awards is December 14, 2015. Awardees and nominators will be notified of the outcome of their submission in January 2016.
- All required documents are requested in one single PDF file.
Past OIA Award Recipients